Many of us have experienced frustration and confusion when the Pickleball courts are busy. When all the courts are being used and there are many people waiting, a bit of simple etiquette and understanding can really help.
So please try to follow these guidelines, especially when courts are busy:
- Please refer to the “Pickleball Safety and Play Etiquette” posted on the Website for more detail.
- Put your paddle up on the Board in the next empty slot to the right (rotating clockwise when you reach the end on the right).
- Do not use a second paddle to reserve a court while you are playing.
- Players not present at the courts can not have someone else reserve a court.
- Courts are for doubles play (four players) or singles play (two players) only. Therefore, if only a single paddle is the “next up” slot, the next court goes to the next slot having two or four paddles.
- Players will rotate off courts after 5 minutes of warmup plus either one game or 15 minutes of practice. This is an honour system.
- The next group waiting will keep an eye on all courts and proceed to the first court available. If not present then they lose their place.
- Carry out whatever garbage you bring in or at least place in appropriate garbage cans.