LEAGUES – Players (PL) and Teams (TL)
The format of play is designed so that players play mostly with others of similar skill levels.
PL – expected to play three single-game matches every two weeks, with three different players.
TL – expected to play three three-game matches every month, against three different teams.
After each period the players/teams are re-arranged based on results, and the Leagues continue.
Players /Teams will move up or down the Ladder based upon won/lost games and eventually points.
- Each period (2 wk periods for PL, one-month periods for TL) players/teams will be placed in groups of 4, called PicklePods (PP).
- PL will play three games to 15points win by one in a round robin format with each player every two weeks.
- TL will play three matches Best-of-3 games to 11points win by one in a round robin format every month. This will result a min of six games and max of nine.
At the start of the game, players will decide which side will start serving first and choice of side. For PL – it is recommended to change sides after a team scores 8 points.
TL – teams will change courts after each game. If the match goes into third game it is recommended that the teams change ends of the court when one side has 6points to minimize the effects of the factors that may affect the pla
Scoring sheets can be downloaded from VPA web (they will be made available by the time play starts on June 14th). Both teams must sign the scoring sheets before submitting them. Take a picture of the completed score sheet and send it to League Committee via email: email@example.com or simply email the results.
Each Player (PL) or Team (TL) gets a number of Ladder Points based on participation.
It is each Player’s (for PL) or Team’s (for TL) responsibility to communicate with the League Committee and announce a non-participation. If a Player or Team cannot participate for one round their name(s) will be taken off the List for that round. When the player or team returns they will be re-entered to the List based on Ladder Points and skill level.
Interruption of a Match (Recording of Scores)
If the game is terminated BEFORE the final game, DUE to WEATHER or INJURY, then scores up to that point will not count, everyone will get an absence for the game, and the game will be replayed.
These rules are subject to change. The League Committee will make available the new Rules on VPA web.
HOW DOES THE LEAGUE WORK?
The LEAGUE is available to VPA members only.
– Players League (PL)
- June 14th until June 27th,
- July 28th until July 11th,
- July 12th until July 25th,
- July 26th until Aug 8th,
- Aug 8th until Aug 22nd,
- Aug 23rd until Sep 5th,
- Sep 6th until Sep 19th
- and so on
– Teams League (TL) –
- July 1st until July 31st,
- Aug 1st until Aug 31st,
- Sep 1st until Sep 30th,
- and so on
Interested? Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full name, gender, email address, phone number, and your best description of your current ability level.
- Indicate if you want to join the Individual Player League (PL) or the Team League (TL) — or both if you choose.
- If you are entering the Team League (TL), we will need your teammate’s name, email address and phone number also. They must also be members of the Vancouver Pickleball Association.
- Please specify the best way the other players can contact you: by phone, text or email. This information will be shared with players from your PicklePod.
Your name or team will be added to Ladder List based on your skill level. Three days before new Games start you will receive an email with your PicklePod information. It is each players’ responsibility to contact each other and arrange the matches: Day, Time and Location.
After ALL your matches are done send us the scores. We will process it and create a new List for the next Games and new PicklePods. And the process repeats indefinitely.
Please note: As members of the Vancouver Pickleball Association you are bound to Vancouver Pickleball Association Permissions & Liability Waiver that you agreed to upon registering:
|I recognize and understand that there are certain inherent risks to which I will be exposed because of the nature and level of the sports activity in which I have agreed to participate.|
In consideration of being allowed to participate in Vancouver Pickleball Association related events and activities, I give permission for Vancouver Pickleball Association to use or distribute, without limitation or obligation, any record of the events which may include my voice or image and authorization to contact me via email to keep in touch with Vancouver Pickleball Association information, news, tournaments, sales and so forth.
As evidenced by my permission, I hereby release, waive and hold harmless Vancouver Pickleball Association, their directors, agents, coaches, instructors and other members of the association, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, from any manner of claims or lawsuits that may result from my participation in this sport.
I further agree to play under the guidelines and rules of the International Federation of Pickleball and the code of conduct set out by Vancouver Pickleball Association.